Saturday, April 16, 2011

Ladies and gentlemen, The Beatles!

Hey all! Just got back from the BeatleShow! Talk about an awesome experience. I'd have to say that these guys know their shit when it comes to being a tribute band. Half the time I almost forgot I wasn't at an actual Beatles concert. It was pretty amazing to be a part of that. I almost got a little feeling of what it must have been like to be present for those shows some forty, almost fifty, years ago. Nah, not really. As good as these guys were, and they were damn good, nothing can measure up to what must have been one of the most amazing experiences in the world to see those guys perform live. In any case, another really great show. This time, I actually got to take photos and I've already uploaded them to Facebook here: The Beatles!

After the show, we received a comp meal down at the Planet Hollywood Buffet. Now, that was some great food. I, of course, gorged on meatballs and linguine. Absolutely amazing.

After that, we moseyed on down the strip. A bunch of weird characters. Oh yeah. Saw my first Vegas tranny. Though, this was mostly just a man in a bra and a miniskirt. Thing was hideous. I mean, props to you for being who you want to be but, I definitely didn't need to be a part of it. No photos of the tranny either, you sick fucks.

Picked up our tickets for the David Copperfield show at the MGM Grand for tomorrow night. I'm really looking forward to that. I worked out a way to actually get to meet the guy after the show. Don't know if I'll be able to upload any pictures from that yet but, once I get home, I'll try to scan the photo that we're supposed to get with him.

Anyways, that was today. Really awesome show. Again, if in town, head over to the Saxe Theater and look up the BeatleShow. Even if you don't like the Beatles, I think you can appreciate what these guys are doing to try and help some folks relive their past and help others, like myself, get a little taste of what Beatlemania was all about. Joe out.

No comments: